Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Lenten Labyrinth

We at Lebanon UMC are undertaking an All Church Lenten study utilizing the book "The Lenten Labyrinth: Daily Reflections for the Journey of Lent" by Edward Hays. Copies are available at the church, or order one yourself, and join us in the pilgrimage of Lent this year. Join with us as we open our hearts to God's leading on the journey! Regular posts will continue as we move through the season.

"Rejoice" Edward Hays begins the introduction of his book The Lenten Labyrinth. "Rejoice! You are about to begin a great adventure and a journey of transformation which holds the power to change - to radically enrich - your way of thinking, loving and believing." As the journey begins, consider these questions: What places in your life do you hope for a change? In what places do you fear change? What resources assist you in moving through change?

Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where theieves do not break in and steal. For where your trasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:20-21

1 comment:

  1. "Begin a Great Adventure!" What will be my last great adventure as I head toward my 7th decade? I would like it to be something of value...lasting value, but it does not need to be BIG, famous...just useful, helpful to many people.
    Today in Concord I received an inspiration. I attended a luncheon (quite by accident)at the State Capital Building celebrating the life of a NH activist,Doris Haddock, better known as "Granny D". At the age of 89, she began a cross country walk to heighten awareness of the need for campaign finance reform. The 3,200 mile walk took her 13 months to complete with the last 100 miles being done on cross country skis!
    If a solitary woman like Granny D can make a difference, why can't I?
    I'm still unsure what my cause will be or what form my effort will take, but I can keep my eyes and heart open for a way that I can make a difference...make a change.

    ReplyDelete